Make a Difference in a Teen’s Life!
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
- Complete Application: Fill out the form online.
- Background Check: We require that all volunteers complete and pass a background check. To do this please go to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on 400 S. MLK Blvd to complete a background check and return it to our Program Coordinator.
- Training: Complete Training & Information session with the Program Coordinator.
- Commitment: To ensure the consistency of our program, we ask for a minimum six-month commitment to volunteering at least four hours each week.
- Age requirements: We require that all volunteers who work directly with the teens be a minimum age of 22yrs. Other opportunities are available for volunteers under the age of 21.
Below is a list of Volunteer Opportunities.
- ADMINISTRATIVE – Assist with administrative duties that include filing, phone calls, copying, data entry, preparing mailings, and/or coordinating volunteers. Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS – If your group is looking for an organization to work with for a community service project, we would be more than happy to work with you. Please contact Dianne Brown at (910) 489 0080.
- EMPLOYMENT & JOB APPLICATION ASSISTANCE – Help teens on all aspects of obtaining a job which includes but not limited to both online and paper job searches, filling out employment application forms, and interview preparation. Fridays from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- FUNDRAISING EVENTS – Opportunities are available in all areas of fundraising, from development through event production.
- SPECIAL EVENTS – Help plan and set up special events for the teens. (i.e. picnics, field trips, sporting events, special lunches, holiday and birthday parties.) Sponsor a field trip for youth such as a museum, the beach, a ballgame or bake delicious goodies as a special treat or sponsor a party.
- WORKSHOPS – Share a special talent or skill with our teens. Assist or direct workshops ranging from employment and education to the arts.